Monday, May 28, 2012

Tourney Report - My turn to lucksack

Chaos Dragons took YCS Philly and German WCQ Nationals .Year of the dragon is no joke . I decided to run Ninja Hieratics for a couple of reasons

1) How did Kenneth Koh went (11-1, I believe this was his score) with Ninja Hieratics during ACQ?
2) Most players do not side and have no idea what to side against Hieratics in Malaysia
3) My sideboard was anti - Inzektors
4) I did not want to lose to random mind control or getting my damsel taken away by monster reborn .
5) Ninja hieratics doesn't waste much energy thinking compared to Inzektors.
6) Hieratics Lesson 101 with God Sam .One day getting thrash by him turns you into a pro .No joke.Hand of Midas ! Kyde, where is rolling top dogs with Sam ?

Swiss
Round 1
Hieratic
00
Game 1 :OTK
Game 2: OTK

Round 2
Lightlord (They still exist ...LOL)
00
Game 1: Started with Ninja Hanzo and set Super Art .He summoned lumina and when downhill from there.OTK next turn .
Game 2: Massive swarm but not enough to kill him off .He milled most of his Lighlords through double solar recharge .I summoned Koakimeru Dragon and 2 Judgement Dragons in his hand went on hibernation mode.

Round 3
Mike Inzektors
X0X
Refer his blog .

After Round 3, I was informed that God Sam has arrive in Gamers Arena after having won Viva Qualifiers on Saturday .All the sudden I felt like someone gave me a Divine Rapier .(DOTA Terms )

Round 4
Inzektors
0X0
Game 1 : Swarm and made into Gaia and Photon Bouncer .Somehow that was gameover
Game2 : Retarded Inzektor sword caught me by surprised again .
Game 3: I swarm and whack him till he left 700 Lifepoint and ended with one Photon Bouncer on the field .On his turn he summoned Inzektor Centipede and said 'EFFECT' .Trololololol. Took a hand grenade and throw it at his own self .

Round 5
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Teoh Zhen Pei
Brother Zack is already seeded ,so he let me up .He managed to squeeze into Top 8 eventually because of tougher opponents he met like LGQ's situation last week .The beauty of Mantis system .

Swiss result : 3rd  =( 4-1

Top 8
Para-fbhbtrjjukhtrger (Dunno how to spell his name,sorry bro)
OO
Game 1 :Bait veiler with Card Car D.Killed the game after a pro heavy storm and OTK .BLS was there to save the day if OTK failed .
Game 2: I think he oversided and I think that killed himself .I played cautiously and went for the otk when I had a hand to recover if I failed to kill off the game  .It wasn't enough and he Dark Hole the following turn .He had 400 Lifepoint left. I summoned asset and attack his Damsel and chain Forbidden Lance .Skill drain on stand by if Lance failed .

Top 4
Mike
00 The return of Osama from the dead !
Game 1: OTK as he had no Veiler
Game 2:  Half-OTK but he survived. I did not want to summon my BLS earlier to kill off the game fearing there was a Scarecrow in hand.Kept it in my hand to recover if my field blows up.He tried to Counter attack but misplayed .He had weak monster on the field with no backrow .Went for BLS ,knewing Scarecrow wont save him now . * Yes he had Scarecrow .Thank God I did not rush .

Finals
Izzat (Inzektors)
OO
Game 1: He did shit and I did shit for few turns .He had a shit hand but I needed him to commit to the  field to turn my shit hand into a good hand .I went for Gaia and Bouncer and deal damage .I forgot how he cleared my field .I proceed by making Ancient Holy Wyvern with effect veiler and killed off the game with 6000+ attack .

Game 2: He drew nothing .He had a few backrow but I went on a swarm knowing that if he starts his Inzektors combo moving, it is too hard to recover .My atumus ate effect veiler , I chained book of moon brought out REDMD .REDMD 's effect ate another veiler ! I banish REDMD on field to summon another REDMD .Forgot how I won somehow .

Finally !

I am seriously confused how a control player like me scrub with Inzektor and won with a aggro deck .I usually get raped badly when I use aggro deck . Maybe my balls are growing bigger =) Good sign for the ladies .

Oh well miracles happens.

Thanks to Zack for lending me 2 Atumus since my copies was sold to Jeff and co. and my other set are lost somewhere in the jungles of Sarawak .Waiting for it to come anytime soon .

Now it is back to studying for me .No Diablo 3 for me =(

Lastly,

Shahmir , you emo bro?







8 comments:

  1. More like Divine Raper. I need someone to help me get in touch with Sam. I don't know him that well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzat , I am very sure u hate Ninja Hieratics .hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job taking the win. This year's top 32 is gonna be really really fun. quite a few big names are in it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LGQ ,thanks man.Games we had in card arena helped me a lot as well. Last year top 16 had many good players like Wong Fei Hung ,Karl Lim and etc and had almost 10 different decks that won weekly .This year is just 2 decks battling out for top spot .

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kyde: Sam will reply "I love you" to every of your interview questions, true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Maybe he'll give me the "..." treatment and at the end say "I love you." Mind-fuck.

      Delete