Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hand Advantage

Nationals is over .Top shop has already started .Team Tourney Qualifiers is starting on Sunday .Team Tourney is obviously my favourite tournament of the year because I love playing in a team .There is so much strategy and thinking to do and that is what excites me .You can't just go into a team tourney just like that .There are so many staples needed to be allocated to your teammates depending on who is using ,what deck he using ,who are his opponents,bla bla bla . Example 1,you can't pass all copies of torrential tribute and dark hole to one player while the other two players don't have any field reset-er .That will totally make no sense .Well last year's defeat was painful enough ,losing to the champions ease the pain a bit though .Yes I can really remember it well being locked down by a Six Samurai Shien and 2 Copies of solemn warning and 1 copy of Solemn Judgement ready to say Hello in game 3 =) Oh well thats Yugioh.

Anyway back to the topic , hand advantage .There is just so much to say about it .Well in recent nationals I piloted Inzektors over Chaos Dragons and Hieratics was basically I thought it was the best deck that suited my play style .Once the combo starts running , inzektors' hand advantage was too hard to resist .I hated Hieratics because you tend to end up wasting your whole hand on a plan to OTK which may or may not even work and you can hardly recover from it .Well , you can save a set of cards in your hand for another set for OTK Part 2 but how many turns will that take you to draw them ?  Chaos Dragons would have eaten you by turn 2.

Chaos Dragons easily one of the best deck at the moment ? That is what I thought before and one week after Nationals. After testing them for weeks now , saw too many loophole in the deck which made me turn my attention to something else. One thing is for sure ,Chaos Dragons eats average Inzektor players .

As for Inzektors ,is still my favourite deck but I am beginning to get piss with it in a certain way. Inzektor mirror matches sucks big time .It is nowhere close to Blackfeathers mirrors or Gladiator Beast mirrors where skills matters more.You can end up drawing retarded hornet and gruf without centipide and damsel to start off the whole engine while your opponents gets those cheat cards like Mind Control and bla bla . I remember Alex Yeo telling me after my nationals match defeat that Inzektors was like playing Poker . LOL .You need two pair of cards to start the game going .Even though you get a power card like Ace , you still need a 10,or a power card like Jack ,Queen and King to get a blackjack.If you don't understand what I mean , ask Alex as he explained it better .

So what am I gonna run ? Obviously Dino Rabbit once Extra Pack is out but for now Offering-Gadgets are just too hard to resist . I will never forget the day Baha rape my Blackfeathers with his Machina Gadgets 3 years ago when Jurong East was alive  .I felt I played very well that day but I really died badly to gadget's hand advantage and also it was Baha running them =.= .

Yesterday I spend around 4 hours watching Japanese players using Offering-Machina Gadgets in those 200+players tournaments on youtube .I really have to say some Japanese are faggots taking sometimes 8 minutes to summon a Green Gadget .Well that's probably why they are best in the game at the moment . I saw this player called Waka and he played like 2 Raigeki breaks early game and was still having so many cards in hand because once gadgets starts farming , they are fat . Another reason I love gadgets at the moment is because luck does not play a huge factor .Well I don't recall drawing 5 gadgets (Touch wood) but starting hands are always way better than inzektors somehow .All you need is just to draw a single gadget out of the possible 9 pieces and everything is smooth .(Please ignore Veiler and other shit).Starting hand draw 6 cards , leaving 34 cards in your deck and 3 pot of dualities to search 1 out of the 9 copies ? How is that not consistant ?

Anyway going off to study my Financial Reporting now .I feel so pumped up to play a competitive match after watching the Japs play on youtube =)

Last but not least ,Shahmir's Chaos Dragons lost to my retarded Gladiator Beast 1-4 on Duel Network .hahahah.I still can't stop laughing .3 Safe Zone FTW !

5 comments:

  1. Wtf u finally post longer than 3 paragraph,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you remember such a long ago match lol.

    I can't believe I ran Machina gadget randomly that day instead of the meta cheesy decks (I had a 3 Launcher Infernity deck!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally forgot that day we were too bored...

      Delete
    2. Yes bored and both of you reached the finals=.= .I remember Clarence raping Chard's Infernity .Remember very well the Great wall of Dupe frogs .

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete